Media Player (wmv) is needed to view video.
Kayaking, hiking, glacier hiking, glacier and whale
boat cruise, native Alaskan cultural program, exotic
change, cultural studies, temperate rainforest ecology,
environmental issues investigation, geology, physical
geography, wildlife biology, and consumer education.
Alaska Kenai Discovery is a fun and exciting summer
educational adventure to the misty green and glacier-filled
Kenai Fjords of Southcentral Alaska.
Alaska Kenai Discovery is an action-packed adventure
at the top of the world. With almost 24 hours of day
light it is like having two weeks for the price of one.
See BIG wildlife like whales, bears, and moose in their
natural environment. Sea Kayak with marine mammals and
diving birds, trek on a massive glacier, explore temperate
rainforest, meet native Alaskans and participate in
In addition to an exciting outdoor adventure, this week
is packed with educational benefits and real-world experience
that no classroom could ever provide. Participants will
learn from local experts about the ecology and environmental
issues affecting the region. All presentations are informal
Contact us for details 1-888-622-4911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the itinerary
Click here for answers to common
Note: the PowerPoint is a large file and will take
some time to open.
- Climb a glacier and see first-hand the impacts of
- Experience the temperate rainforest.
- Kayak wild fjords along coastal rainforest.
- Meet native Alaskans and participate in a cultural
exchange followed by a salmon feast.
- Go whale watching and glacier touring by boat into
the Kenai Fjords.
- Earn community service doing projects with local
- Photograph bears, moose and other mega fauna in
their natural habitat.
- This is a carbon neutral adventure.
- Experience 19 hours of daylight.
- Earn college credit from the University of WI- Stevens
"I have a better understanding
of a wilderness I only imagined." Student, Caitlin
"[This trip] showed
great examples of our negative impact on the environment
and what we can do about it, and the importance of conservation"
Teacher, Kim H.